Dear Family and Friends,
I am sorry I have been unable to update my blog for the past week. It has been a very busy last few days for me. This past weekend I visited Florence and I leave tomorrow to go to Madrid, Spain for the weekend. The pictures I am posting with this blog entry is of St. Peters which is considered the most holy and important church of the catholic religion. It was absolutely beautiful inside. It is supposedly located on the site in which Peter, the apostle, was crucified and buried. St. Peter's tomb is under the main altar within the church. The top picture is when we climbed to the top of the dome of the church which is over 500 steps I believe. It was definitely a tiring climb up, but it was worth it when we got the view of Rome. The top picture shows Rome and the Vatican City. The second picture from the top is of the ceiling of the dome which was constructed by Michelangelo. The third picture from the top is a statue of the Madonna created by Michelangelo. The fourth photo shows a long corridor/hallway. Lastly, the two final photos show the outside of St. Peters.
Love,
Elena

Beautiful pictures. Have fun in Madrid.
ReplyDelete